Friday, December 21, 2007

Avoiding the Christmass

In a few short hours I will be on my way home to Indiana for four days to celebrate Christmas. I'm so unbearably excited that I can't focus on my work!

I've spent the past few days checking out The Onion online - my apologies to those I've inundated with links to funny stories - and eating. Man, have I been eating.

It hasn't been too bad, really. There are just so many treats around that I can't ignore. Just the other day, my friend Cheryl gave me a bag of her homemade ginger almond biscotti. How am I going to turn that down? I drink coffee, so it can't hurt to have a little dip of hard cookie loaded with almonds and crystalized ginger, can it?

So it can. Fuck you. I had my weigh in last night, and I gained a pound. That's not too bad. Hell, it's not the 10 pounds that I can gain from week to week. I have a feeling that once these damn holidays are over I can really focus on my weight.

For now, I'm just going to enjoy the best of the best treats - in moderation, of course - while I can, and by next Wednesday I'll have control again.

Oh! And Saturday's my birthday. I'll try and blog about my entry into the 2nd half of my twenties, though I doubt it will be very interesting. So I can rent a car...big whoop.

I'll leave you with my favorite infographic from The Onion. Can you guess my favorite?



So there's that,

Laura

1 comment:

Michelle K said...

Well I'm not sure about you, but Cap'n Bloodsnatch is my favorite.

Hope to see you on or before Christmas!