Monday, April 7, 2008

B.A.T.

I love walking around the produce section to see what's on sale and get some good ideas.  This weekend, it was avocados - everywhere!  So what did I do?  I made a BAT.
 
Bacon-Avocado-Tomato Sandwich
Serves 2
 
4 Whole Wheat Hot Dog Buns (I keep these on hand because they're great for quick sandwiches, and I can't eat a whole loaf of bread fast enough.)
8 slices bacon, turkey, veggie or otherwise.  I used the real deal because I was HONGRY.
1 avocado, sliced
12 grape tomatoes, halved
Light Mayo
 
Prepare bacon using your favorite method.  Mine?  Line a plate with paper towels, lay out the bacon, and zap it in the microwave for 4 minutes.  Spread the hot dog buns with desired amount of mayo, and season with salt and black pepper.  Place two strips of bacon on top of the mayo, then top with avocado slices and 6 grape tomato halves.  Yields 2 sandwiches per serving.  nom nom nom!
 
So there's that,
 
Laura
 
 

No comments: