Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What a Crock!

I went to the store to pick up more tomatoes and spinach tonight, and I browsed my new favorite display in Whole Foods: Le Creuset Cookware.
I've been eyeballing Le Creusets for a few years now, and I've been curious about them since seeing them on The Frugal Gourmet as a kid. As an adult, I think they're too expensive to even
think about buying all the pieces I want at once.

I want them in Caribbean Blue:
And Cherry Red:

But then I got a lightbulb: why don't I reward my progress in making good choices by buying up all my dream cookware one piece at a time?
So last night, I bought a new chef's knife to replace my old, nicked one. I decided to make my Le Creuset purchases online to get the best bargains, of course. I've already seen some great options on JC Penney's site, which surprised me.

What will I buy when I'm full up on knives and enamel-coated iron cookware? There's always the ever-collectible dishes of Fiesta Ware:
So there's that,

Laura

No comments: