Wednesday, January 23, 2008

More Dubois County Phenomena

I had to put these responses front and center on the blog because they were so funny...and true!
 

5 Comments - Show Original Post Collapse comments

Auntbeav said...

You speak of your hair as "them", as in "I need to get them cut". (Now FYI I don't do this anymore because I had a teacher in my senior year of H.S. who said he would give us an automatic "F" if we referred to our hair as "them".

January 22, 2008 10:28 AM

mkieper said...

Or if you have heard from an elder relative the words "Ain't So?"

January 22, 2008 10:44 AM

Laura said...

I picked up "Do what now?" from a friend who lived in Schnellville. As in:

"Hey Laura, you got a pen?"

me: "Do what now?"

January 22, 2008 11:19 AM

Laura said...

"Well" has 2 syllables. As in:

Person: "Come on, you know she's not sorry for taking it."

Dubois Countyan (or Meyer woman): "Way-il, she did cry when she apologized."

Subway Sandwich Artist: "Sorry ma'am, we're out of white bread right now."

DC: "Way-il shit."

January 22, 2008 11:23 AM

manda said...

You know you're from DC when you can drive to Jasper or Ferdinand and pass at least someone on the road you know.

January 22, 2008 8:50 PM

So there's that,
 
Laura

No comments: