Friday, February 8, 2008

A Cautionary Tale

I think I'm done with carefree dining out:
 
February 8, 2008 

 

Corner Bakery Home Office
ATTN:  Customer Service
12700 Park Central Drive
Suite 1300
Dallas, TX 75251

Dear Sir or Madam: 

I visited your store at 676 N. St. Clair Street in Chicago just 45 minutes ago, where I ordered a Swiss Oatmeal, which is my all-time favorite Corner Bakery product.

I dove into my oatmeal when I came back to my office, and a few bites in, I crunched down on the item I have attached below.  At first I thought it might be a bit of apple core or stem, and I thought I could probably just crunch through it and swallow with no harm.  After a couple more chews, I realized this thing wasn't getting any smaller.  So I pulled this spiky plastic bit out of my mouth.  You'll notice I didn't clean it off; I wanted your experience with it to be as authentic as mine.

Needless to say, I was and am pretty upset.  Imagine if I swallowed this?  Worse yet, imagine if a child had consumed something like this?  

I threw my receipt away in the restaurant (since it was huge, and I didn't feel like jamming it into my wallet), but if you want to do the research, my pick up number was 234 and I made my order at around 9:15 am on 2/8/08. 

I'm a fairly regular customer of Corner Bakery, coming in once or twice a week.  I even had dinner there last night because I stayed at work late.  I just don't think I can ever eat there again.  I'll feel much safer making Swiss Oatmeal at home.

Please do what you have to do.

Sincerely,

 
Laura R. Meyer

So there's that,
 
Laura

No comments: