Friday, May 4, 2007

My Goodies


Hello Lovers,


I've been doing swimmingly on portion control in the last 2 weeks. I made a southwest chicken pasta salad last night that was heavenly, and I was washing dishes I thought,


"Why don't I go ahead and make up those Oatmeal Scotchies I have all the ingredients for?"


And I did. If you don't know, an oatmeal scotchie is the best cookie known to man. Oatmeal cookie dough with butterscotch morsels (so much better than chocolate) and walnuts. Well, I add walnuts because I think they make every dessert better. Yummers, yummers x 10. You don't see that on your average multiplication table.


The neat thing though, is that I made them, and ate ONE. I normally wrap them up to take to work, but I hate my job right now, so I'm not going to bless anyone with cookies. I thought I'd give myself a little spiritual test: Keep the big plate on my counter and see how well I can abstain from eating them all.


Talk about a tempest in a teapot-shaped cookie jar!


I'll keep you posted on my goodies, my goodies, my goodies - not my goodies.


So there's that,


Laura

No comments: