Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Just Hold On For One More Day

Hello Lovers,

Yesterday was nearly a tragedy for me: I almost fell prey to secret eating. I had a normal breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled with tomatoes and mozzarella, and Hoodia - but I went to the dentist for lunch and was immediately stressed by the experience. I won't go into detail, but I think I'll need major reconstruction.

This prompted me to get lunch, and the only thing healthy nearby was Subway - which was just across the herd of immigration activists lowing down Jackson Street. Having made my way through the crowd without being smeared with taco meat, I did some marching of my own - straight up to the counter where I ordered a healthy treat - a six-INCH wheat...seafood & crab.

I said it. My mouth hurt, and I wanted something soft and creamy, and I'm disgusting myself as I type this. I hope the spinach, onions, tomatoes, banana peppers, olives and vinegar would counteract the fat, but time will tell. Needless to say, I immediately chased the lunch with 5 water pills, 2 Hoodia, and a 50.7 oz bottle of Pure American water.

Pure American: The Water You Can Trust, Because It Has An Eagle & Mountains On The Label. -- source: www.pureamerican.com

Then I walked back to the office, partly because the march was blocking northbound bus traffic. But on the way, I stopped for a single dip of vanilla ice cream at Potbelly.

My problem with indulging in treats is that I want to spend the rest of the day exploring the possibilities. I decided to walk the 6 miles home as opposed to taking the bus to the gym, and on the way I thought, "If I go to Thai Aroma for some cucumber salad and broccoli beef, I won't be doing too bad." I needed balance, and I took the high road, and cooked at home.

Menu:
  • 2 Hoodia
  • 1 Pickling Cucumber, halved and filled with She Gives Hummus (see yesterday's recipe)
  • Orange Roughy Sauteed in Olive Oil with Chicken Broth, Lemon, Halved Grape Tomatoes, Garlic, and tossed with Whole Wheat Linguine; Served Over Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves
  • 1 serving Kozy Shack No Sugar Added Rice Pudding

Not bad, Meyer, not bad at all. At least not as bad as that Chris Richardson on American Idol - hey-o!

So There's That,

Laura

No comments: