Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Surprisingly enough, I'm happy to be back to work after a long period of rest and relaxation. 
 
Seriously?  It was like the first day of school - I was so punched up that I couldn't fall asleep until 1:00 am.  I guess that could also be due to the fact that I decided to start watching the last six episodes of Veronical Mars Season Two at 8:00 pm.  In hindsight that was pretty stupid, but I had to get that monkey off my back...
 
Now I'm all excited to get moving on some work projects, and a happy bonus is that the structure of my work day allows me to eat better and keep to my workout schedule.
 
I haven't weighed in since 12/16, yet I'm confident that if I have gained, it hasn't been too much.  If the scale at my gym is anywhere close to the WW scale, I'd only be up about 2 lbs.  I can live with that...for now.
 
I'm going to WW tonight with my friend Megan, who is considering membership.  If she decides to join I'll probably permanently change my weigh-in day to Monday.  It's nice to have a buddy!
 
Thanks Michelle for the title!
 
So there's that,
 
Laura

2 comments:

Michelle K said...

I'm right there with you. I was so glad for the structure. I've already eaten better today, and you know what I FEEL better because of it. It's like I'm in control again. I ended up not weighing in last Tuesday either. I'm not sure why really. I was not feeling the best in reality....which helped me tame my new years eve festivities. I won't weigh in until Thursday, but I think I'll do ok. Next week baby...It's going to be fantastic loss....I challenge you to a 4 lb loss next week!

Laura said...

It's AWN!!!