Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Way In

I had my first weigh-in since starting Weight Watchers again last week.  I'm down 3.4 pounds!  I admit I was a little disappointed at first.  I excercised 5 days this week, I ate mostly portion-controlled meals, and there were 4 days that I couldn't eat enough to meet my Points goal.
 
But still...that's a good deal of weight.  And I think it's worth noting that I am wearing black pants that are a size smaller than the black pants I wore last week.  It's always a good sign when I can step over to the skinny clothes side of the closet.
 
Here are the things that made my food life easy this week:
 
  1. Healthy Choice meals kick ass.  Sooooo much better than when they first came out.  Now I can get protein, starch, veg, and dessert for 7 Points or less.
  2. Thank God Yoplait Light yogurt was on sale this week, because I've fallen in love with it all over again.  New favorites:  Pineapple Upside Down Cake, the Light Thick and Creamy line, and Lemon Meringue Pie.  I put a little bit of Honey Bunches of Oats Just Bunches on top for a little crunch.
  3. Clementines = jewels of pleasure.
  4. Frozen veggies.  Nuff said.
  5. No substitutions, just compromise.  I could eat my Wednesday bagel and schmear, I just had to cut back the rest of the day.
  6. Sharing food.  A cupcake is bad news.  A half cupcake?  Just a bit better.
  7. Support from friends.  It's so much easier to work out with buddies.
  8. A new BEAU.  He's much more interesting than food.
So...I'mma stick with the portion-controlled meals for just a few more weeks so I can readjust my satiety levels.  It's steered me right so far.  In my next post I'll publish my new frittata recipe!
 
So there's that,
 
Laura

3 comments:

Michelle K said...

I hope there will be a blog dedicated to #8.

Laura said...

In time...I don't want to jinx it.

But he's pretty freaking incredible!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Laura! Keep up the good work!