I had my first weigh-in since starting Weight Watchers again last week. I'm down 3.4 pounds! I admit I was a little disappointed at first. I excercised 5 days this week, I ate mostly portion-controlled meals, and there were 4 days that I couldn't eat enough to meet my Points goal.
But still...that's a good deal of weight. And I think it's worth noting that I am wearing black pants that are a size smaller than the black pants I wore last week. It's always a good sign when I can step over to the skinny clothes side of the closet.
Here are the things that made my food life easy this week:
- Healthy Choice meals kick ass. Sooooo much better than when they first came out. Now I can get protein, starch, veg, and dessert for 7 Points or less.
- Thank God Yoplait Light yogurt was on sale this week, because I've fallen in love with it all over again. New favorites: Pineapple Upside Down Cake, the Light Thick and Creamy line, and Lemon Meringue Pie. I put a little bit of Honey Bunches of Oats Just Bunches on top for a little crunch.
- Clementines = jewels of pleasure.
- Frozen veggies. Nuff said.
- No substitutions, just compromise. I could eat my Wednesday bagel and schmear, I just had to cut back the rest of the day.
- Sharing food. A cupcake is bad news. A half cupcake? Just a bit better.
- Support from friends. It's so much easier to work out with buddies.
- A new BEAU. He's much more interesting than food.
So...I'mma stick with the portion-controlled meals for just a few more weeks so I can readjust my satiety levels. It's steered me right so far. In my next post I'll publish my new frittata recipe!
So there's that,